This page has all the information on our privacy statement, including policies applying to our customers’ information.
With this consent, we are entitled to collect and hold any information you provide on our website. This includes information given before choosing the ‘next’, ‘submit’ or ‘save’ option. These details, contact or otherwise, can then be used to contact you in order to optimise our online processes – by asking the reason for your incomplete order, for instance.
Any information we collect about our customers will only be used lawfully, according to the 1998 Data Protection Act.
Your details will not be passed on to third parties, unless this is necessary for the investigation or prevention of fraud, permitted by law or in the public interest. Any information we collect will be retained to process your purchase and delivery, and helps us provide the best service in the future, unless otherwise stated.
With any newsletters, emails or online marketing material, you will be given the option to unsubscribe or refuse further contact. And we will not make any requests to collect or keep any of your sensitive information, as outlined in the 1998 Data Protection Act.
As such, the information collected by S. Green & Sons will be restricted to the following categories, unless applying for an account:
- Phone number
- Fax number
- Email address
Whether by email or writing, we request that you update us of any changes to your personal information to allow us to keep our records correct and accurate.
Information held by S. Green & Sons is kept in line with our security policy. With online payments, we do not obtain or hold any credit/debit card details. This information is stored by 3rd party payment gateway Stripe, who are used to process S. Green & Sons’ online payments.
How do we use your information?
- To personalise your shopping experience by being able to respond to your individual requirements
- To improve our service to you by evaluating feedback and information from you
- To improve our customer service and technical support
- To process transactions (your information both public and private will not be shared, sold, exchanged or given to any 3rd party company for any reason whatsoever without your consent, except for delivering the intended product or service that you have requested from us
- To send periodic emails to include email marketing – you can unsubscribe from any marketing contact from us through the link at the bottom of the email
- To administer a promotion, event or for our customer database
- To assist you in the event of a problem completing your purchase
How long do we hold your data?
Personal data relating to transactions and orders will be retained indefinitely to help the customer with any product queries and future orders.
Personal data that is used for marketing purposes will be retained indefinitely unless you choose to opt out.
How do we protect and safeguard your personal information?
We have a variety of security measures in place to protect your personal information. These include electronic safeguards, such as encryption and password protection.
Card payments are encrypted by our secure third-party payment provider. No payment information is stored by us.
Who has access to your data?
Access to your personal data is restricted at all times.
S. Green & Sons is the data controller. This means we decide how your personal data is processed and for what purposes. Only our employees or trusted agents will be able to access your data. Their access and activities are restricted to the purposes outlined above.
If you would like to withdraw your consent, please contact us directly.
Once you notify us of your request, we will respond to you as soon as possible.